View Single Post
Old 06-03-21, 08:41 AM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
I won my first race of the season! It was a short circuit race, 50+, 5 laps 1.3 miles each with a 136' hill and the start/finish line half way up. ~20 starters. 1 team had 3 strong riders and they attacked/pushed the pace for the first 3 laps, and I put in a dig for the top 1/3 of the hill of lap 3 and 4 to make it tough to latch back on for the descent. This whittled us down to a group of 5 or 6 riders with 2 from the team of 3 and a lap to go. The teammates then got on front and let a gap open to their lead rider entering the last lap. Of course none of us wanted to pull him back, so he entered the final hill with a decent lead. I started the sprint from near the base of the final hill, maybe 30 or 35 seconds from the finish thinking we were all sprinting for 2nd place, and I was likely going too early and I'd get 3rd or 4th. Turns out I caught the guy out front close to the line for the win. He was either really hurting by that point, or thought we had another lap to go so he was moving pretty slowly by the finish. Either way I got it.