Old 06-23-21, 12:45 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Well I'm trying to find out if I need to be defensive of my comments or not.

Usually, if a persons quotes some other, they are in disagreement with something said. So a response is expected I'd think.

Sometimes people use another's comment to build on a thought.

However, in this case, I'm not even certain why my comments would be used to provide that information that was added to the conversation. They stand well on their own without any need to quote anyone else.

For the OP's question though, I think livedarklions summed up my actual unvoiced thoughts in reply #4.
I quote people I'm in agreement with a lot. I had no idea why my response to your quote provoked such a hostile response. OP didn't bring up the state law, you did, so that's what I responded to.

Trust me, if I'm overtly disagreeing with you, you'll know. I am not known for my diplomacy around here.

I did disagree with your post a little bit (I don't think the state law is particularly relevant to the OP's question, but I wasn't going to make an issue of that until you "challenged" me).