View Single Post
Old 06-30-21, 12:39 PM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
I found an article from last year about the Washington Share the Road plates. It mentioned that in recent years sales of the plates have declined. Never having bought any special plates before, I started thinking about whether to buy one when renewing my tabs next year.

I do wonder about their efficacy and whether they're more performative than influential. Or worse, will they trigger road rage in the latent psychotic drivers who loses rational thought upon seeing a bike in the road -- the population who consistently shows themselves whenever I'm out with their telltale braindead acts of close-passing at all costs even when they're only going a further 30 feet to turn into the next driveway or stop at the red light.

And is "Share the Road" the verbiage that goes over with those who see no value in prioritizing anything outside their vehicle? To the ones who need to understand but are the least receptive, I could see it come across like an order violating their basic human right to have exclusive ownership of whatever street they're on and to decide who lives or dies based on how many seconds they saved in driving.
​​​​
You keep worrying about those latent psychotic drivers