Thread: Ride Videos
View Single Post
Old 12-29-21, 08:52 AM
onekgguy
Retired

Bikes: Collage Super, Eisentraut Ltd, Sarma Shaman (fatty), Giant Revolt Advanced 0 (gravel), Orbea Oiz M20 (mtb)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
that's how Dr Atkins, the diet doctor, died. I feel for ya. it was Christmas morning, we had some freezing rain, went out on the back patio w/ rubber boots to take a wintery candle photo to post on social media. went right down on my butt. I was lucky that I was able to break my fall with an arm on a nearby table & a hand on a step, coccyx bones intact. went back inside for the new winter boots & tried again, successfully. thank for for sharing the video, I look forward to watching it. I too find joy in watching some old bike videos. one of the benefits of going thru the trouble. even if other ppl don't watch them, they can still help me fall asleep. watching summer videos in the winter & conversely, winter videos in the summer, are particularly amusing
I still can't cough or sneeze without severe pain. Slow deep breaths get me to about 70% of my lung capacity. I'm nearly 3 weeks out from the fall and will probably never know if I cracked a rib. I do know there really isn't anything a medical doctor can do for it. I just got back from seeing my chiropractor and she was able to make a little headway with freeing up some tight areas along my spine. I didn't realize that about Dr Atkins. I've got a pair of shoes outfitted with Yaktrax to more safely negotiate our driveway. I'm glad your fall was somewhat controlled and that you prevented injury.

Kevin g
Likes For onekgguy: