Old 09-16-23, 06:18 PM
Bully4

Bikes: Trek madone and emonda, one older Cannonade

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
So you are totally fine with forgoing all the services you use? Services like a tax payer funded potable water system or tax payer funded sewage transport and treatment? What about tax payer provided roads to tax payer owned public lands to hunt or fish tax payer owned animals while breathing tax payer protected breathable air and floating your boat on tax-payer owned water?...I mean, really you wouldn't consider taking all those things for your own personal exclusive use with out paying for it or anything would you? I shudder to think you of engaging in the uncivil behavior of theft for your own private gain at everyone else's expense.

You are on a computer using electricity...Off-grid system like a true independent man? Or does it arrive by way of wires affixed to poles on the tax-payer owned right of way? Should you, the tax-payer not be compensated for each 2 square feet of real estate each pole uses? I bet the power company would love to be freed of that expense.

Wi-fi or cellular? How do you use it with out utilizing the tax-payer owned and protected radiological spectrum? Perhaps you have some new technological breakthrough in energy transmission that doesn't use radio wave of any frequency? Quantum super-positioning? Do tell. How did you get such a device with out crossing any taxpayer owed border or tax payer negotiated trade agreement? You make your own electronic components from materials derived on your own land? You must be very, very rich & exceedingly resourceful.

Please enlighten us all how you, a man of infallible integrity, exist as a true and independent free man in a hermetically sealed bubble adjacent to this dimensional plane of reality?
You lost me with the air--I don't recall any entity being able to sell or tax it yet! BTW- I also have a well. Guess you own that water, too! Boats require a license, hunting licenses help cover the costs associated with hunting.
I pay taxes as well on everything I use. My concern is that is spent wisely for its intended purpose. In total, that I figure is probably getting close to 50% of a person's overall wages. What is "fair share"? Seems to me that it's a moving target.

Let's agree to disagree.