Old 07-06-20, 07:26 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20808 Post(s)
Liked 9,450 Times in 4,668 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Same here. I think I might add some segments today. There only a couple a long my route, and the location isn’t ideal to track my own progress. There is about three locations I would like to add one, also be interesting to see if anyone else is riding the same route as I am. I know one guy who lives in my neighborhood, he follows me on strava, and has started doing my 20 mile route.
To me, the best part of the Strava Stalk feature (FlyBy) is to check out the routes of people that you cross paths with on the road. Like the person following you, I'm following a handful of locals (that I don't know) primarily to see where they ride so that I can hit up some different stretches of road and tweak some of my own routes. I did a ride with a few guys from my club yesterday, and we covered some new-to-me roads. That, in combination with some route segments from some Stalkees, gave me a route tweak idea and I think that I've pieced together a nice 50 mile route to replace my favorite 45 mile route that was recently squashed due to a bridge closure.