View Single Post
Old 08-03-21, 09:50 AM
ciclista_pazza

Bikes: 2018 Fuji Absolute, Yokota mountain bike (199?), 1979 Schwinn Le Tour Mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Sertsa
I've been using SAS shoes for a while, as I have foot issues from a series of surgeries when I was young and a rather nasty accident and complications a decade or so ago. They've been the only ones I've found that come in wide enough sizes and give enough support.

Since getting back to riding I've mainly used an older pair of Move Ons, especially in wet and cold weather, as they have fairly flat bottom soles and not much venting. They've worked decently well--I wear warm socks when it's cold--but I don't have much for comparison. They stay a bit drier without vent holes, but when water gets in around the foot it stays there. I got caught in a heavy downpour a few weeks ago and felt water sloshing around in the shoes.

I mainly wear a set of Journeys for daily wear and ride a lot in them. They're more like traditional sneakers, with vents and a more treaded bottom. They work fairly well. The sole doesn't grab the pedal spikes as well, and they're cooler, but water at least has a way to escape.

I used to wear 'Bout Times, which were a lot like the Move Ons, but not since I've gotten back to riding.

Wish I could offer more, but I hope that helps a bit.
Thanks very much! This is helpful. Sorry not to reply sooner - didn't see this response.