non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked 4,526 Times in 1,743 Posts
Originally Posted by JimR56
Very nice! I would love to know the dates of manufacture on those three, if you know. The down tube logo on the white bike is apparently a transitional design which I've had a hard time trying to date (maybe '73 or '74?). But the examples of that logo which I've seen were on U.S. imports. The "Special Sport" marking is also something I haven't encountered very often in my photo searches.

Your brown one would be around 1976-77, perhaps? The color on the mixte is lovely. We didn't get that color on Merciers over here!

I invite you to join in and help share any knowledge in my Mercier topic, if you're interested: 50 years later, another Mercier
I believe the mixte to be a '68. Looking at the documentation in your thread, it could well be a Sky Blue model 111. Definitely an export model for the US and Canadian markets. We didn't get that much chrome in Europe, certainly not on the entry level models.

It took me quite a while to get the bike where I wanted it to be (see this thread), but it was worth it. Mrs non-fixie probably hadn't had as much male attention in 25 years.

You could well be right on the brown Mercier's birth date. I have it down as "late seventies". It never got its own thread, but it did give me the chiquest garage door pic ever (see this thread).

The "Micro Mercier" is a bit of an oddball. Just bought it because it is so cute, and it was just €25. It does have its own thread here. Maybe a tiny friend will turn up some day ...