View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 10:32 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Depending on the topic, there appears to be differing kinds of antagonism displayed, although I don't think it's as bad as I've seen in a lot of other forums. I actually think the mods have gotten a bit better about reining in some of the cheap-shot trolls--there seemed to be a form of a troll post that would always survive where a person would say something really nasty against unidentified posters or a poster on the thread, but it would be very obvious if read in context who the troll was insulting. Those don't seem to be tolerated much anymore.

One type of poster responsible for a lot of the nastiness (and I won't name examples--we know who they are) is the self-appointed guru. That person will have decided they know the one true way to do something or all things, and if you dare suggest that either a) what they're advocating doesn't work for you or b) something else works for you, they will immediately get personally insulting, condescending and immediately launch into a canned 3 paragraph essay that they've probably posted versions of at least 5 times that month. Sometimes, what they're posting even has something to do with bikes.
Likes For livedarklions: