Old 08-11-16, 05:54 AM
SkunkWerX

Bikes: Trek DS 8.5 Scott Hybrid Thunderbolt folder '75 Schwinn Varsity '95 Schwinn cruiser '58 Wstrn Flyr...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The other choice is having no choices. Growing up, before the internet, we had Sears, Western auto, and Montgomery Wards for bikes. That was our "universe". My town was not large enough to have a dedicated LBS, and we had to travel several towns away, toward the city, to get to Sears or Wards.

You got their bike, their headlight, their lock and THAT was THAT.

The internet is a marvelous place to learn, read, ask questions and make an informed decision.
If someone is getting mired down by too much info, welcome to the information age!

Once someone filters through 1. TYPE of bike and 2. Budget the universe shrinks quite a bit.
I find myself down to two or three main choices, then do a direct comparison, and make a choice.

On line reviews, with literally thousands of respondents I find a big help also.

I can click 1 button, and have a cycling product in my hand in 48 hours. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
I can drive within 30 minutes of my home and hit a handful of LBS's and see myriad makes and models, LOVE THAT too!!