Old 12-25-20, 11:40 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
Well, I gave it a pretty good clean yesterday outside. A bit of a challenge since it was in the 20's.

I was curious about tire clearance on this so I threw on a used set of Zonda's I have on hand that have a set of 700 x 27 Vittoria Open Pave CG's on them These clear with no problem. In fact, there seems to be a few mm's room left at the worse spot under the rear brake bridge. Put the cleaned up original 7 speed cassette from the Shimano wheels on it and swapped the Look Delta pedals for a set of Look Keo's.

Took off the Campagnolo cages and bottles and swapped in my normal style.

I guess the Gipiemme wheels weigh a lot along with the 1/2 lb of gunk I cleaned off the drivetrain. It's now down to 22 lbs 13 ozs. I'll probably run it with the GIpiemme wheels though if they ride good for me.

Not sure how the owner was running this with the 10 speed setup. Even in friction mode the rear was a mess as he still had a 7 speed chain on it. I pretty much couldn't get it to run smooth in any gear. With a 7 speed cassette on it it's working fine and the indexing is back working properly.