View Single Post
Old 06-24-21, 10:43 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,038 Times in 1,876 Posts
Originally Posted by Eugenyz
Re my last post on my Marinoni Leggero. I have no idea where the serial # is. I looked underneath bottom brocket seat tube, even loosened the cable housing under the bracket to check. I know some custom builds out of Europe like Gios don’t have serial #s is this possible here??
All the Marinoni I've seen and owned have had the serial number stamped into the bottom bracket shell. Some manufacturers did change the location on a regular basis, usually each decade, to facilitate identification but this does not appear to have been the case with Marinoni, unless they changed it in the 2000s.

Looking at your bicycle, it would appear to be equipped with Shimano Ultegra (6600 series). This would make it no older than 1998 but the Leggero at that time was built with Columbus EL. The switch to Columbus Zona did not occur until the 2002 model year. The Leggero was still available in 2006 but not 2008. Unfortunately, I don't have any literature for 2007. Regardless, we're still looking at relatively narrow range of 2002 to 2006, possibly 2007. Based on the graphics, I'm leaning towards the earlier half on the timeframe. You might be able to narrow it down further, via the component date codes, assuming they are OEM.

Link to photo album: https://www.bikeforums.net/g/user/539572