Old 11-08-21, 08:09 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,997 Times in 1,780 Posts
Looks like I never updated this with how the bike did. It crushed the 26.7 mile ride doing it in 1:20:08 for the only 20 mph avg ride of the year! So now I can't stop thinking about treating this odd bike to some upgrades.

I've got pretty much complete used Dura Ace 7700 and I think 7800 groupsets stashed in the parts bin. I'm thinking the bike has earned one of these. Right now it's pretty much all Shimano 105 with those Claris shifters. Something so fast deserves better.

Even more than that I'm considering some true aero carbon wheels on this. The ride above was fairly easy and it felt like I could have dropped another gear for even more speed along most of the route. Not to mention how amazingly well the bike smoothed out the rough chipseal roads I use. I'm wondering how something like a 60/40 carbon aero wheel would do on this. I can do a 60/38 tubular build from farsports for under $700 and it looks like that would be right around 1400 grams. With winter fast approaching there's no rush for the wheels so I could even forgo paying for shipping and stay with their slow but free shipping. Hmmmmm.....