View Single Post
Old 05-27-22, 01:39 AM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
not to derail, but are the very cheap tires (some are sub 20 at Sports Basement, a store like Dicks) suitable? everyone tells me to just get some gp5000s but I need some new tires for a couple bikes and want to go the cheap route. How cheap is too cheap?

OP I dont think there is any inherent difference in terms of puncture resistance as long as you have enough pressure.

Cheap tyres are not often discussed on the forums, as everybody seem to just recommend the most elite stuff they can think of. Im sure there are some perfectly serviceable cheap tyres out there and a lot of garbage. Personal experience with Wiggle own brand "lifeline prime" is they are fine. Both the the Armour and the Race variant. I also tried some Michelin Litheons, that was very flat prone and quickly retired. Lately I've been running Pirelli Velo, that was very expensive. They ride fine too, but the difference to the Lifeline I ran before is not that big, even if I can notice it. I would always look for some flat protection, no matter if its cheap or expensive.