View Single Post
Old 01-01-21, 06:02 PM
Het Volk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Kimmo
I reckon this bike needs black everything: seatpost, stem, cable hanger, headset, calipers, cages, rims. Pity about the shape of that FD cage, too - looks very clunky.

But it looks pretty tight for a cross bike. Maybe you could lose a couple of inches off the RD loop.
So - this was a custom frame built to replace a Redline Cross frame which I ran into a garage when on a roof rack. So the seat post and stem are from that bike, as well as the spacers. I was going to work on replacing all the part with black, especially since I am having Ceramic Mavic Open Pros built up with orange Chris King hubs and black Sapim CX-Ray spokes.

Salsa Delgado rims were a budget option when I was less cash flush, and looking for a set of dedicated cross wheels when I initially had the Redline frame.

The clunky derailleur was because the original SRAM derailleur (SRAM Apex was design for the cable to come from the bottom, but for some reason, this frame required the cable to come from the top.....so a MicroShift derailleur was used). I am not a huge fan, but in the interest of riding right now, it is what it is.

I kind of thought that the overall bare aluminum stem and seat post worked okay given the rest of the bare alu parts. However - agreed - moving to all black will complete the look.

Last edited by Het Volk; 01-01-21 at 06:13 PM.