View Single Post
Old 07-16-21, 06:13 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
Where's the data that supports your assertion?

Did you ever buy a saddle that didn't come on a bike you bought? How old are you? How many bikes? how many saddles? How many miles? How many years of riding?

I'm pretty experimental, and I have a limited budget, so I do a lt of work before buying a new saddle. I did a lot to make previous saddles work for me, and I'm on my at least my 5th saddle on this bike; of course, I started with this bike in 1982.
Jeez, that escalated quickly.
I'm kinda thinking his data is pretty similar to yours, one guy's experience with saddles.

I learned a long time ago not to make saddle suggestions based on my experience. You could put a bike seat shaped rock on top of one of my bikes and as long as it's not too wide, I'll be fine, even if it's tilted funny. And I don't wear any padding.

Anyway, I don't think anyone has the slightest idea what you mean by doing a lot to make a saddle work, but I suspect do a bunch of micro adjustments would fit into that category.