View Single Post
Old 07-19-21, 09:00 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
I'm also in the "millimeters matter" camp. Also, "many" can be substituted for "most", and that doesn't change the concept in the least.

There is a reason why Eddy Merckx was notorious for measuring and re-adjusted his race bikes with a high degree of personal attention.

This focus on fit and adjustment has proven beneficial for my wife, an avid rider, and for me. And we're talking the smallest of changes made incrementally over a long period of time. Saddle-to-crank placement, saddle pitch, handlebar saddle-to-bar distance and drop, handlebar width, reach or drop, handlebar rotation, shift/brake lever placement. All of it very carefully discovered.

For mountain bikes, we're very attentive to not only the location of the bar, but the rotation if it has any riser angle at all. The width, and corresponding placement and angle of controls, bar end placement and angle, ergo grip angle. All of this contributes to comfort and ease of use.

Last edited by Phil_gretz; 07-19-21 at 09:02 AM. Reason: added MTB section