Old 08-07-22, 10:01 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
1982 Basso - Campy Nouvo Record - Little Used...

I am selling my early eighties Basso. The bike has seen very little use, most of which was in a stationary trainer. It is in great shape mechanically and only slightly challenged cosmetically. Cosmetically challenged means a few scratches and/or rub marks (quite a few of the white marks are just wax that I failed to remove when cleaning the bike for pics). The chrome plating is is great shape as is most of the art (Columbus tubing decal was poorly applied at time of manufacture I think but still there). All in all a really nice example of a high end early eighties Italian racing bicycle.

The seat stay brace, seat stay top and beautiful chrome plated fork crown all bear the Basso emblem and/or name pantograph. The original Campy brake pads show very little wear and the original translucent handlebar tape is still in great shape. The tires do hold air but they are old. I would recommend replacing them.

The bike's measurements are:

Seat Tube (c-c) = 54cm
Top Tube (c-c) = 54cm
Stand Over Height = 79cm or 31 inches

The frame and fork are Columbus Special tubing with Campagnolo chrome plated drop-outs. The bike is full Campagnolo with the exception of the head set, a lovely Cambio Rino unit. The seat post is free but the stem might be stuck. If the stem is stuck, I will carefully remove it and replace it with a Cinelli stem.

List of components...

Patent 82 Campagnolo NR rear derailleur
Campagnolo SR front derailleur
Campagnolo braze on shifters
Campagnolo NR brake calipers
Campagnolo NR brake levers (hoods are old but still serviceable)
Campagnolo NR seat post
Campagnolo NR low flange hubs
Record Alluinox 700c rims (very little wear to braking surfaces)
Campagnolo SR Pedals (clips and straps are in very good condition)
Campagnolo NR Bottom Bracket
TTT Handlebars (will be replaced if I can't include the original stem)
Cyclo steering stem (will be replaced with Cinelli stem if original is stuck)
New Saddle (I added this myself as the "as found" saddle was totally inappropriate for the bike)

I am listing the bike here first and for less than I intend to ask on Ebay. Important: For most forum members the price is $900.00 US. For forum members that I have done business with before, the price will be $800.00 US (remind me of our previous business details please if you are interested and qualify). Shipping will be extra and probably in the $200 range. I pack bikes with great care as many forum members already know.

Anyway, have a look at the pictures and, if anyone needs it, email me for my phone number so that you and I can discuss the bike's virtues and your needs more easily. The pics tell a better story than I do...