Old 08-11-22, 02:41 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
FYI, Randy (and for anyone considering this frame), I think it warrants clarification the FD braze-on itself appears to be fine. In that photo of the crank, it is clear that the pivot arm for the FD has clearly been bent backwards causing the issue everyone is seeing, but in none of the photos does the braze-on itself seem to be off alignment from the seattube.

Thought I'd mention this as a point of clarification, as this is a lot simpler and less concerning a fix than anything involving a potential framebuilder mistake with a braze-on FD mount. The frame is just fine

-Kurt
Thanks Kurt and I do hope that you are right. I intend to investigate more when I take the bike down for a frame/fork set sale. I hope to use the NR stuff on my recently acquired Marinoni Special, something special because it is of Canadian origin. Funny thing is, I find it very hard to ride anything anymore. Arthritis - pooey stinko!