Old 09-22-22, 12:06 AM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
I have to admit to being intrigued by wireless e-shifting. Not enough to spend that kind of money on it, but laziness in building things up makes me vaguely intrigued by the idea of not having to run cables (or replace them once every 3-5 years).
Originally Posted by squirtdad
my theory for years is that wireless will eventually go down to BSO especially set up as 1x as ti will be cheaper than running a shift cable.

as much as I don't like sram and electronic shifting a 1x with big rear cassette, no front derailler and the wireless rear derailler can be a super clean build....have seen a number of pictures of builds like this from Dave Kirk
For not having to run cables, I'd try SRAM's E-Tap as it's all wireless. With Shimano and Campy, you still have to run wires. Newest 12-speed Shimano at least goes wireless from the shifter to the FD/battery/BB. That's a nice improvement. I do like electronic shifting, and I have most-of-a-groupsets waiting for wiring and a battery to complete them. Sadly for them, I'm building a companion 3x downtube shifting bike (companion to my Trek 720) for winter/rain and no beautiful Di2 to adorn a frame at the moment. So it goes. Maybe some day..

Last edited by RiddleOfSteel; 09-22-22 at 12:09 AM.
Likes For RiddleOfSteel: