Old 09-25-22, 05:53 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
I have a very good friend, world class expert painter, detailer, mech, tech, fabricator that uses .000000? steel wool on most things and they come out fantastic no matter what.

Pretty sure he has a secret "trick" that I wouldn't get, I have done some but don't trust myself so the rust remover and elbow grease is my go to.
merziac,
I have a friend that "was" a chrome plater(30+ years) and he did only show chrome and did a number of things for me, some will say chrome is harder than steel, however he "Never" recommended using steel wool to "polish" chrome because it would leave micro scratches on the finish.....Bronze wool is better IMO
The OP's fork will never have the lustre that it once had so if they choose to use steel wool that is entirely up to them.....Others may disagree with not using steel wool and TETO.....I "steeill woould" not use it on any chrome that I need to clean. E.R. of O.A. and a through cleaning to remove the specks of rust and if necessary aluminum foil or bronze wool, polish and a real wax etc.
I have not see 06 SW before perhaps the scratches/dulling are not as noticeable.
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Last edited by xiaoman1; 09-25-22 at 07:33 PM.
Likes For xiaoman1: