JulesCW 

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 652 Times in 319 Posts
Touch up paint

Originally Posted by ericlowney
I watched a video of a guy using wet-dry sandpaper (1500 but recommended 2000) but I'm afraid to do it. Trying the turtle wax for now, at least for a couple of days, then will go to the evaporust next. Will incrementally try to fix it. I need to find some touch-up paint (purple) for where it is chipping off. Is that something I can get at Auto-Zone, etc. or is there a specific place you all go for bicycle specific touch up paint?

For touch up paint I've had good luck with nail polish -- it works pretty well, is fairly cheap, and comes in an amazing array of colors -- just wheel your bike into the makeup aisle of drugstores and makeup stores and compare brands and colors until you get close.

Autozone and similar will have more expensive car touch up paint, but in a pretty limited color palette -- almost certainly not close to that purple.

You could have some customized made up at an auto paint shop, but now you're talking $$ and still might not be perfect.

As my goal on a bike like this is generally "looks good from 5-10 feet away" nail polish is the winner, IMHO.
Likes For JulesCW: