Old 05-20-23, 12:49 PM
girona
biciclista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by yannisg
One way I have found to quickly test how comfortable a saddle will be is to ride on flat route continuously for an hour or more at a tempo pace and constant RPM without moving out of the saddle for this test period.
If your hurting at the end of this test with one saddle, but with another one it is mildly uncomfortable it might be an indication which saddle should be used for a longer test ride.
This will not replace a longer evaluation say a 200 klm brevet, but it will give you an initial evaluation.
I've been testing several saddles myself in the last few months... I can be comfortable on a number of saddles on a 200k, 300k and up to 400k brevets. I haven't found a saddle yet that is ok for longer rides. Currently trying a leather Berthoud open saddle. I don't like the weight (about 500 g) but I'm hoping this will be the end of the search. I did a 400k with minimal break in period (only 200k) and was OK. I will be trying it in a week for a 1000k brevet. Wish me luck as the saddle will only have about 900k prior to setting off.
Likes For girona: