carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Morelock
@carpediemracing

The only morphological exemption that still exists (again, in my above post, anyone can choose the one regarding saddle position/reach "for free") is that you gain an extra 5cm reach (for a total possible 85cm bb to extension tip) - but only if you are 190cm or taller. Otherwise, nothing special for body type.

Here is the updated UCI technical document. Be sure to check it out.
I've been looking at this document because it seems to simply things, at least for me:
http://usac-officials.org/Download/U...nt%20Guide.pdf

It mentions saddle position exceptions that would apply primarily to shorter riders (aka me). I have very short quads, to the point that I have very little setback. I moved my saddle back a bit to attain 0 cm setback (well, 4mm to be precise). I think I got more of it back going to an ISM saddle, but where I need to put the saddle depends on me choosing aero or drop bars.

I realize I need to do some more experimenting on the bike and do some research off of it. Thanks for your help so far, it has clarified a lot of my thoughts.

The bike measurement "free exception" is something I had no idea existed until you mentioned it in your response.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson