Old 07-06-20, 08:17 AM
mackgoo

Bikes: 87 Bianchi X4, 95 Bianchi Ti Mega Tube, 06 Alan Carbon Cross X33, Gold plated Columbus AIR Guerciotti, 74 Galmozzi Super Competizione, 52 Bianchi Paris Roubaix.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 539 Times in 166 Posts
Actually spoken by someone who rides on roads only. It's reality, there's no contest, 3000 lbs vs 170 lbs. So the 170 lbs needs to do all they can to stay out of the way of the 3000 lbs. I don't care what the law says, what my rights are, I do what I know is the safest for me, stay on the side of the road and don't piss the idiots off. It's illegal to hit someone in a crosswalk. When I go to use a crosswalk I stop, look both ways and make eye contact with any approaching vehicles prior to entering and crossing. The law say's I have a right to cross the street at that cross walk, that cars must yield the right of way to any pedestrian. Yet for me to exercise my "rights" absent of practical common sense, sooner or latter I'll just be another statistic where we'll just lament how dangerous it is on the roads and how "I'm going off road", wringing my hands as I say that.