Old 09-26-20, 09:21 PM
rdiggidy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for the response!

I think I could live with the bars as they are, but since I'm building it, I figured I'd dial it in to right to where I want it/where it feels most comfortable. The internal diameter of the bars appears to remain constant for significantly more than the .5 inches I'm wanting to cut (so the brake levers should still "grab" internally) and there is enough depth where the brake levers go in the base bar, so there should be plenty of depth. Searching forums, I was surprised not to find anyone talking about doing this (or my searches came up empty), so I didn't know if was just something people didn't do for reason "X." I couldn't think of a reason not to do it, but wanted to make sure there wasn't a reason not to.

I've never cut on a bike before (carbon or otherwise), but I was planning to use Parks cutting guide and carbon blade. I have dremmel and angle grinder as other alternatives, but reading some other posts seem to indicate the hacksaw with a carbon blade and a guide is about as clean a cut as you can get. But I'm open to any suggestions!

(When I try to add links to hosted photos, I get a response that I can't post images or links until I have 10 posts...think it's just a SPAM prevention tool)