Old 06-04-21, 03:36 PM
rdiggidy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs View Post
All I hear is your chain on the last video. There was a recent thread where someone wanted to know what the buzzing sound was when he was in the small cog. The chain links are a certain size and when it goes around a small cog its going to articulate more and buzz a little.

On your other two videos, a couple things to keep in mind for anyone listening. The sounds are very pronounced and louder on video. This includes the act of shifting where you will hear a loud "thunk" and the sound of the trainer itself. Keeping that in mind, it sounds like the chain may be contacting your front derailleur when you are pedaling.
I concur that in the last video (with the Ican wheel) it is mostly the chain sound (the point of that video was to contrast it with the other wheel in the same gear).

There is an abnormal drivetrain noise and pulsing (when compared with another Ultegra setup). It's probably best reflected in the video on the trainer at about 12 seconds (and the sound goes away after a shift at about 20 seconds. I took the bike out for 50 miles today and the noise is definitely present on the road. It's not horrific and I may need to just let this go and ride, but I believe the problem is fixable; just not sure that my experience/knowledge level is capable of fixing it.

I checked, the chain is not contacting the front derailleur.

Appreciate the suggestion!
Likes For rdiggidy: