View Single Post
Old 10-13-20, 05:48 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
Originally Posted by David in Maine
Thanks! I was so impressed with the service at Ride Studio. Would love to see pictures of your Redsky. Mine gives me great joy every time I hop on!

David
In 2013 I started with a low end Madone and over time worked my way up to my Redsky. When I decided that I want a bike at this level/pricepoint and components I was shopping for a shop as much as a bike, my search ended there for good reason. Sure I could buy a comparably equipped Pinnarello from another LBS that mostly catered to hybrids and low end mountain bikes or I could work with a shop that only dealt with high end bikes. I am also a fan of RSC. I’ve since bough a Honey Allroads to be my summer rain / clean winter bike and have another Seven on order. I’ve done the deep carbon wheels before and after thousands of real world miles I picked HED Belgium alloy wheels as I found no meaning benefit from “aero” carbon wheels. I picked each and every component based on my belief on what I felt would give me the best bang for my buck, looks good and I wouldn’t have a need to upgrade from. The Ultegra crankset in the pictures was a loaner as Dura Ace was back ordered at the time of delivery.