Old 10-19-20, 12:54 PM
valve_timing

Bikes: 2018 Breezer Doppler Pro , 1989 Centurion Ironman Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by shoota
I have the exact same Bird (model and size) and I'm almost the exact same height and inseam as you. My Warbird is setup almost exactly the same as your friend's in the pic. I have a 100mm stem, and 20mm setback post. I came from a SuperX with a 55cm ETT, that also fit perfectly with its steeper angles. I ride a 56cm SuperSix (road fit is longer and lower than gravel fit).

All this to say I'm a weird fit when it comes to bikes. Literally no one I know rides bikes set up the way I ride them (slightly small). But my issue is that I have shortish arms, shortish femurs, and poor midback flexibility. So I need a bike with a steep STA (not found on current gravel bikes), a shortish TT (found on the 54.5 warbird by sizing down), and a high-ish stack (kinda found on the bird). It's so hard to say whether it'll fit you well but be prepared for a relatively aggressive setup. One thing I tried with great success was Specialized's Hoverbars. The 15mm rise really helped with stack. I eventually got my flexibility to a point where I could go to a normal bar. Hopefully all these data points help more than confuse. If you have any more specific questions I'm likely the best person you'll ever "meet" for this lol.

P.S. - I just read your previous posts a little better. You should be able to make this bike fit, even if you get something like the Hoverbars. You'll never get a better deal so there's no reason to not try. The Warbird is such a great bike. I freaking love it.
i knew there was someone just like me out there man and yeah i was thinking 100mm stem and 20-25mm setback gets me in a similar position as i have on my horizontal TT road bikes. and yeah with the high stack i can slam the stem if i want and not be super hunched over. im really excited for this bike i do have to wait a couple months as my buddy aquires parts for his new build but its going to be worth the wait . im going to pm you thanks bro !
Likes For valve_timing: