View Single Post
Old 06-22-22, 10:46 AM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,737 Times in 890 Posts
My son John and I went for a Summer Solstice ramble along the Charles River, as far as the Moody Street Fish Ladder, 27 miles through Arlington, Somerville, Cambridge, Allston, Brighton, Newton, Watertown, and Belmont, on mixed-surface paths (stone dust, boardwalk, pavement) and paved roads, he on his Surly Cross Check, I on my Rivendell Rambouillet. I rode from Arlington to collect him in Somerville, and encountered a manhunt at Alewife, complete with numerous police cruisers, flashing lights, and helicopters.

I rode through the associated hue and cry without incident, continued to Somerville, and found John changing a flat.

We made our way to the Charles River, and crossed to the South bank, then headed upstream. There were dogs in canoes.

The Elliott Bridge underpass contained colorful environmental messages, with associated hashtag.

We had a beautiful ride along the Charles. It's hard not to, really.

At length, we made it to the Moody Street Fish Ladder. Saw no fish, but the ladder was ready for them, should they come calling.

After that, we high-tailed it home for dinner. As usual, the return was quicker than the outbound ride.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 06-22-22 at 06:03 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: