View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 03:37 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
Is it possible the Fenix has alternate lenses? I forget what has happenThe led in this thread, did you ever look at Outbound lighting?
The lens looks different than earlier Fenix bike lights. I am not talking of the reflector, but the clear plastic or glass part. The earlier ones had lines on the top of the lens. I compared by lining up the light onto my lawn thru two tall Linden Trees and then using my hand to see the cutoff. It throws light up and onto the tree and does not illuminate my neighbor's driveway but the B01 does while not torching the tree, if that makes sense. I do not have much training or experience in optics but it is very clear the BC26R throws light upwards much more than the Fenix BT20 and B21 AND markedly more than the Lumitop B01.

I forget why I did not buy the Outwardbound light. Something to look into. But.....if someone is looking for an easy and cheap backup, the $35-40 B01 is pretty darned good on all measures especially with a 21700 battery. I would guess with one battery in the light and one backup, I could do PBP on it with no complaints because PBP does not have a million turns to it.