Thread: Pbp 2023
View Single Post
Old 07-22-22, 07:03 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
San Quentin isn't as cute but the Velodrome start and finish has an appeal over Pave and confusion where to go at the sheep farm although it doesn't matter.

The Pave ruined one of my tail lights on a training ride and I swear it trashed the PBP supplied tracker. On a bent, there is no give. Both me and a friendly velomobile rider from Mass had trackers that did not work. What are the odds? Vibration to a bent on real Pave is brutal. Sharp turns on wet pave with no signs after 1210k is comical on a bent with 55 inch wheelbase. Oh LaLa.

For sure, securing food on a Sunday is task critical. Rambo was picked clean early Sunday. I stopped at three Patisseries in 2019 and one pure artisan boulangerie. It was a relaxed ride. A year seems like a long ways away but it really isn't. If I want to do a fast time for me at least, I think I need to have support unlike my past PBPs. Having family members support me might be counterproductive because they could encourage you to quit or at least in my theory. I am pretty sure I could do sub 56:39 with support of experienced supporters. Doing it unsupported? Doubtful. In any case, finishing under the limit would be a huge accomplishment, especially looking at the DNF rates for old farts