Old 09-14-22, 11:21 PM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 521 Times in 290 Posts
[QUOTE=b88;22647736]
Originally Posted by mtnbud
This street had a bike lane that was hastily put up. It has sections of barrier posts, then open road with just arrows, etc.
Unfortunately I got caught at a barrier section when he came along else I would have moved into the bike lane sooner.
​​​​​​
Ah - I would've likely done the same. If the bike lane is in good shape and empty, I take it. If not, I tend to ride close to the shoulder and get into the bike lane lane when I spot vehicles behind me. It sounds like you got over as soon as you could reasonably get over, so there's not much you could do about it. Some drivers are just grumpy.

IMO: There are vigilante cyclists who make it a point to enforce their right to be on the road by purposefully getting in the way of vehicles to make their point.. Those types of cyclists tend to tick off drivers and cause them to stereotype all cyclists. Once they feel that way, all cyclists get stereotyped into the same category. The best you can do is be polite and hope to sway their attitude in the other direction so they will stop taking out all their hate on every cyclist they encounter.
Likes For mtnbud: