View Single Post
Old 10-05-22, 03:43 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7649 Post(s)
Liked 3,469 Times in 1,832 Posts
Originally Posted by smasha
Agreed. But this bike will be mostly Deore level parts. I don't think that's too much of a target for theft.
So why even bother? if it isn't that good a bike, you just need a decent lock---you told us that.
Sure, if someone can grab the bike easily, it'll get grabbed, but I can't picture anyone stealing it for parts, or stripping parts off of it while parked.
Then why all the angst? Just lock it with a decent lock ... you told us .... oh, wait, I said that.

Around here, people tend to steal bikes, not parts.
Yeah .... ummmm .... as has been clearly stated, the people steal the bikes and strip the parts.

At least try to pretend you are honestly discussing, right?

In any case ... put up or shut up. You came up with a wild, hare-brained idea for a bike which doesn't even warrant the concern, and inflated it into a thread, and then instead of admitting you never intended to do any of it, kept pretending that this was a serious discussion and you were seriously trying to find the best solution.

Logical inconsistency is a key sign that a person is thinking after, not before the post. You never really planned to paint your bike ugly, but you don't want to simply admit the truth.

It doesn't matter. No one needs to be told when the sun is up, and those that deny it .... don't matter.

Prove me wrong. Post "before" pics of the bike now, and in a week post the same bike with ugly paint. Walk the talk.