Old 04-08-19, 10:54 AM
Feldman

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Erzulis Boat

Just got the SOMEC done for the Eroica.

Went 25 miles on it's maiden voyage. Yikes, it's stiff. It has all the suppleness of a track bike, with a steering angle to rival a unicycle.

The Mavic SSC setup shifts very well, and the front derailleur is very impressive. I am running Ofmega Super Competizione cranks with Avocet chainwheels. The freewheel is a Suntour Perfect 14-30 and the derailleurs handle it just fine. I am running Modolo Speedy calipers, and Modolo Mach1 levers, this combination works pretty well..................for vintage brakes.

Wheels are Mavic MA2 clinchers with Campagnolo hubs. Even though it has Vittoria Corsa 25mm tires, the ride quality of the wheelset is nothing spectacular. Good enough.

I rode my 1970 Paramount last year, and I was continually amazed throughout the Eroica ride just how comfortable it was. This bike is probably going to beat me up a little. Oh well, it's part of the adventure.
Now THAT is a very cool, seldom-seen bike. Like the Mavic SSC drive train, too. Isn't that adjustable cage a nice feature?