View Single Post
Old 04-09-19, 08:54 AM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 818 Times in 421 Posts
It was a great event. I wimped out and did the short coastal 35 mile ( I only got 33 on my Garmin, and 900something of elevation). If not heroic, it was a beautiful ride. For once, the Legnano was perfectly geared for this ride. I ditched the half clips and went back to full clips and straps. No issues there, in fact, I almost forgot about them, which is saying a lot from an SPD guy, toe clip hater. I hung mostly with Pasadena vintage mates, sorry Bart, never did see you. I've ridden this route many times on other rides and solo, so there were no surprises, except riding out to the lighthouse was fun. Never saw that side of it before. Huge turnout for the less than heroic ride. I enjoyed riding north, with Mike from Seattle, riding his "had from new" lime green 1970 Schwinn Super Sport. Just before the lighthouse, I stopped for a photo, lost Mike, but hooked up with Scott from Pasadena group on his red Klein Team Issue. Pretty bike. Nice tailwind, downhill mostly back, almost hot. Great food, fruit and sandwiches at the Lighthouse, and decent pasta at the end. Bonus! Stopped near Morro bay and picked up a blue Gran Premio, little brother to my blue Roma Olympiade. What a great weekend, thanks Richard for the great visit, and smokin deal on the GP. BFers are the best people ever. I took over 400 pics, and will post more, but heres a few.

Concours/swap meet photo link, still sorting ride photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cP4Y9JqvthnwjNv26

Drillium bottle at the concours.

Wilson, Gail, me and Scott from Pasadena group,

Legnano taking a break.

Piedras Blancas from the ocean side.

Swap meet loot, around $100, such deals!

Reflections on a great weekend see you next year!

Diff'rent strokes, two wheel fun.

My Eroica souvenir, Thanks Richard!

Patina.

Last edited by Slightspeed; 04-10-19 at 03:21 AM.