Fredo_Adagio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 53 Posts
You know what's boring?

Running on a treadmill is boring!

Riding a bike on a trainer is boring!

I swim 2000 meters in the morning at my local YMCA six days a week. I don't find it boring. There is a lot of stuff to work on.

I will forever be trying to perfect my flip turn. I have to go into a tight tuck. I have to be the perfect distance from the wall to get a good push off. I have to exit the turn facing the ceiling.

I will also always be working on my proficiency at breathing on the right, on the left, and bilaterally.

I keep track of my laps by varying the side I breath on. I do this in groups of five. I breath on the right for laps one and three, on the left for laps two and four, and bilaterally for lap five.

I have friends who bring all manner of swim toys - pull buoys, shorty fins, kick boards, centerline snorkels .... They do all the exercises, but it doesn't seem to make them faster.

I prefer to just swim my laps. My counting system works well enough that I can let my mind wander without immediately losing count.

Regarding the boredom of riding a bike on a trainer, try rollers instead. That's always exciting, especially when you fall off.

I regret I don't have a good solution for the boredom of running on a treadmill.