Old 04-26-22, 07:31 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
So what do you want out of these wheels, then? What’s the point of paying $400 or even $300 if you don’t care about aero or weight? What is going to make any wheelset “nicer” than another?

You can grab a pair of 16mm high, 18mm internal width Sun CR18/Tiagra wheels from Handsome Cycles for $230: https://handsomecycles.com/products/...-hub-black-36h

Tiagra hubs are sealed and adjustable as 105, so I don’t think there’s any tradeoff there, and the CR18 is as venerable as they come, but laced up 36 spoke, they should be extremely reliable.
Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir
From the above posts by the sci guy in this thread, it seems (to me) that he wants a tire and wheel combo that is wider and has more air volume than a 25 mm tire on an ETRTO 622 x 15C wheel?
chaadster I don't care about aero or weight insomuch as I'm not a racer. Am I building up a frame I've been searching for for 2+ years and do I want it to be a kick ass, quick, hot bike? Yes.
SoSmellyAir I'd love to run 28s but I just don't think its possible. That was something I was just bringing up because someone above had mentioned getting 19mm wheels, etc. 15 or 17 should be fine, or whichever you think would be best with a 700x25 tire. And yes, that post you found in the other thread is the bike.