Duo
Banned.

Bikes: The Good Book of bicycling

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
This subject has been discussed countless times on the forums and easily searchable. Not much new mirror technology has occurred over the past hundred years so obviously your intent was to stir up some dissent.
Originally Posted by CheGiantForLife
At a few points in my loop, I must cross to the other side of the road, while riding forwards. Since the other side has a better median, in some sections.
I prefer not to stop entirely, and cross the road perpendicularly. I find that crossing to the other side of the road can be dangerous since I can't fully see behind me while riding forwards, to see if cars are coming.
This is probably the most dangerous part of my ride, maybe I have a stiff neck, or maybe I am not a great rider, but turning my head almost 180* while riding forwards is unstable for me.

Does anyone mount a mirror on their bike to see behind them?
Or do you prefer one mounted to your helmet?

Something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...-goods/3403241

this is a subject that needs to be reviewed on occasion.

why?

this is about safety. sure we could 'search the forums' if it occurs to us to think about it much. but for those of us who use the forums differently, like i do, then getting some new opinions and fellowship with other bikers is what brings us back. forums are meant to bring together those of us of different opinions so we can sort thru current thought on various problems/solutions.

even a bicycle chain oil thread has value, if even for some amusement over the same ole rehash. and again to serve as a reminder to keep the thing oiled for some of us.

this is also painfully obvious of course, but reading every thread is not important: read just what appeals to you. mirrors are about road safety, and getting back home alive. important i feel and could save a few more cyclists lives perhaps (maybe yours!).

so i am thanking the OP for bringing this up again, it has been on my mind to get a good enuf mirror and i think i shall very soon.

Edit, i have been meaning to write about 'searching the forums' for a long time, and now finally have done so. it's everyday life you know, how many times do we need to talk about the weather? well we can 'search the forums' so to speak to find out, that way we can just be quiet on most conversations if that appeals LOL. ...IMOH: meh.

Last edited by Duo; 08-07-22 at 03:06 PM.
Likes For Duo: