View Single Post
Old 10-13-22, 09:37 PM
IcySwan1 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 75 Posts
The rack depends on your mission. I have a Kuat NV 2.0 on a Highlander. It works great for road bikes. I have used it for trips of 650 miles over Alaska, Yukon, and British Columbia rural roads. It worked well and even hinges down to allow use of the hatchback. The drawback is that it is not designed for use with bikes with fenders; there are work arounds but none appealed to me. But it is my go to rack for road bikes, or any non-fender bikes.

I also have a Thule EasyFold XT. It is a beast. I carried one of my wife's ebikes from Oregon to Alaska on it without a glitch. It is mounted to a Ford F350 long bed crew cab. I also hauled my wife's big beach cruiser (again with fenders) from Alaska to Oregon with no problem. I have now welded a super heavy duty hitch to my RV and will soon head from Oregon to Texas and Florida and back with a big ebike and a road bike. There is no agreement about whether a rack on the back of a 5th wheel is wise, but I think this one is stout enough to deal with the moment arm concerns.

Good luck in your search. There are lots of good racks out there. And there are a lot of video reviews that can help.

Mike
Likes For IcySwan1: