View Single Post
Old 02-01-23, 09:07 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
If a car falls from the sky like a meteor and hits a person, it's not their fault. If a person STEPS OUT in front of a moving vehicle, that IS their fault. (Maybe not legally depending on the details, but they're DEAD anyway so it's a moot point)

I have biked across the USA five times and through almost every major city on the Eastern Seaboard and West Coast, along with many Midwestern cities. I've also driven all over the USofA. I have NEVER, not even once, come upon a situation where it wasn't obvious what I was supposed to do and PROCEEDED ANYWAY. I'm still here to talk about it. Because I never cross a street without looking both ways until I am certain it is safe and clear to proceed. I never found that very hard to do, but then I pay attention to my surroundings more than most I suppose and don't travel on the road in a fog of confusion or inattention.

You're a legend in your own mind. Sorry, but if not getting killed is qualification for assigning blame in situations we haven't witnessed, we're all equally qualified. You are nothing special.

I don't care what you do on your bike, these are well-known design flaws and calling people names when they get killed by them is a really disgusting thing you do on these forums.