Old 06-03-18, 07:53 AM
pressed001
glorified 5954

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jefscolnago
Well, I laced mine with Record, and I have four sets of them - 2 clinchers/2 tubies - IMHO there was never, ever a better training rim. They're heavy, right? ...but isn't that what you want in a trainer? Almost INDESTRUCTABLE! A heavier friend of mine kept popping spokes. Every year he had to stop a ride or send a wheel to the shop for fixing/replacement. I lent him a set of mine 2 years ago and he's still riding them. What's more, they're gorgeous! Ti (gold colour) finish. I know this is an old, OLD thread, but it's still relevant today, even in the world of the super-light wheeels... I'm also riding SC SSL's and love 'em too...
I've got a set of these laced to dura ace hubs on my Kestrel 200 Sci, and I agree. They are bomb proof and I trust these wheels above all others to take whatever I might give to them and to love me back for it. This is the only wheel-set that I have that only very seldom requires truing. I credit a lot of that to the original wheel-builder however.

Yesterday I did a 50 mile ride with almost a mile of elevation gain and they handled well, as always. The semi-aero profile is also nice to have and you can feel it when you're pushing in the flat at higher speeds.

I think these are the best training wheels period.
Likes For pressed001: