pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2604 Post(s)
Liked 1,928 Times in 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I think you've missed my point too.

Mostly I'm just saying that it's a personal choice whether to use one or not. And also when to use one or not. We all have varying levels of experience with a wrench and how it feels when tightening nuts or bolts in various materials or even thread pitch and such.
As long as you agree there are potential downsides to deal with if you decide not to use the torque wrench, I can agree to that statement.

And I mostly object to those that say you must use or should never use a torque wrench. There are times when they are useful and that will be different for many individuals. And unless the person asking about torque wrenches says that they are a total klutz tightening things, then I'd never say they must buy a torque wrench.

For many, there is nothing wrong with doing what I suggested in my first reply to this thread. #5 I think.

We might actually share somewhat the same views, however my bias lies toward not spending for a torque wrench unless also useful for other things besides the bicycle. Where as your bias seems to be toward getting a torque wrench for use. Both perfectly good ways to go depending on things we both don't know about the OP or any other person.
Six or seven years ago, I was right where you are now with this argument. For your sake, I hope you can avoid the slips that changed my mind!