Thread: Knee problem
View Single Post
Old 06-29-22, 10:20 PM
wmh9680

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Well we finally bought 2 Jamis Huson E2 Ebikes last july and love them. Can't believe we used to ride 1-3 or 7 speed bikes. We are now riding 20+ miles a day and have put probably 1500 miles on our ebikes. Here is a post I just did with a couple of ?s about themI have 2 Jamis Hudson E2 ebikes and on both the battery lights on the right (that show the charge left on the battery on the left handlebar) are flashing red. No matter what charge level color the bottom flashes red about every 8 seconds. So far our dealer has not figured out what is wrong. We had it in for a week and it would never do it for him but now it flashes constantly every 8 seconds or so. He can’t get me in for 3 weeks now. We bought both bikes last July. We absolutely love the bikes. I took them to another shop and they said the lights flashing are an error code but they don’t flash long enough to see what the code is. They said from their experience it is a faulty bed where the battery slides in and it needs to be replaced. It costs 4 or 5 hundred dollars they said and now both bikes are doing it

Also I have a clicking sound in rhythm with the rotation of the pedals, faster in a lower gear (1) and slower in a higher gear (7) so I know it has something to do with the drive train. The second shop adjusted the gears but when I got it home it still made the noise. After inspecting it further I found that the noise is coming from the crank/bearings when I push/pull on both pedals. I don’t see them loose or moving but when I push hard on the pedals the noise appears. It only happened when I was pedaling with tension on the drive train so that makes sense. So I checked my 2nd ebike since my wife thought she heard the same noise on hers and lo and behold the bearings seem loose. Anyone else ever see/hear of this problem? I need to get it fixed while the warranty is still there. They have the Hyena battery and hub I believe.

Thanks, Mike Hall