View Single Post
Old 07-29-22, 11:05 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
Am I missing something here? If I get off course my 530 will do the same thing you are explaining except it just recalculates the route right away instead of giving you the option to pause or recalculate.
Nope, you got it. The x30 series Edge computers gave you the option to allow auto recalculation, or prompted recalculation…in theory I weld tell my 1030 to not recalc, but at some point it would just go ahead and recalc, which led to all kinds of annoying reminders and prompts. Now, the x40 series (I assume the subsequent smaller units will follow the 1040) allow for pausing navigation. That can be done by simply riding off course and selecting it (like I did a couple of times today on my 75km “long" ride home from work) or tapping the map screen while riding and then tapping the “Pause Navigation” button that it brings up.

It’s a minor change to the user interface, but one I find to be quite useful and very handy. As I mentioned above, when you ride back onto the course it begins to navigate automatically.