Old 08-09-22, 02:21 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
Thanks Iride01 I dove deeper into the Di2 setup on the 1030+ and saw that I needed to setup the chain rings/cogs. For some reason I thought the 1030+ would automatically know the information.
If memory serves, I was "cheating" the Di2 system, telling e-tube I was using a 34/50 crank (allowed) and a 11-28 11 spd. cassette (allowed) when in reality I was using an older 11-23 cassette (discontinued and not allowed in e-tube). I then told the 1030 that I was using an 11-23, wanting the gear indicator to be correct as to what was actually on the bike, but subsequently discovered that Di2, when connected via BT, would over-ride what I had told the 1030 I was using. I was dismayed to discover when first using E-Tube, that it only allowed you to configure the software to use whatever cranks/rings as well as cassette that Shimano sold at the time, is how I learned the 11-23 cassette had been discontinued and could not be used in E-Tube. Likewise, you could not tell E-Tube you were using some form of bastard crank like a 30/46, which at the time they did not make.