Old 08-22-22, 07:25 AM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Kai Winters
I wore the 7's and now the latest Torch SWorks shoes.
They are both very comfortable, light and very breathable.
The latest Torch have a slightly wider toe box and don't have the hook/loop strap across the toe box.
They are arguably the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. They fit my feet like a glove with no hot spots. I've been wearing this type of shoe since my Diadora's with a wooden sole and nailed on cleats lol so I've worn many different brands of shoe and these are the best.

Additionally I just started using the G8 Performance insole with their MetaDome wedge. Wow what a difference ! My feet are a bit on the narrow side and I have a moderately high instep which is a bit back from the apparent normal. I've been using Spesh's +++ insole and liked them but found the instep/arch support to be too far forward, more towards the ball of my foot than the arch so I have to trim the heel of the insole to move it rearwards to support my instep. This worked but my foot could still move around a bit. Using the G8 insole has stopped this. My feet are now locked in the shoe and because the insole comes with 5 different arch supports and they are moveable both laterally and longitudinally...side to side and forward to back...I have the supports exactly beneath my instep. My feet no longer move in the shoe and they feel like I'm not wearing shoes but my feet are now a part of the pedal itself. I was shocked at the difference. I'm trying the MetaDomes more as an experiment to see if I notice a difference. I can feel them under my metatarsals and while I can't say it is an improvement in either comfort or efficiency they aren't a detriment either. I don't have any problems with hot, tired, sore, etc. feet but foot comfort and pedaling efficiency is important to me.

that is all...
Great review and thanks very much. I hope to see the shoes today Monday and try them Wednesday.