DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4337 Post(s)
Liked 2,979 Times in 1,616 Posts
Originally Posted by smontanaro
You laugh, but I wouldn't be surprised if some entrepreneur starts a business to embed small Tile or Apple chips in people with dementia. Hoo boy...
I have a nephew with autism and he wears a trackable wristwatch. He can take it off, but he understands he needs to wear it and he likes it. He probably wouldn't wander away, but he could certainly get lost. I'd bet folks with a senile family member have similar tactics.

I've gotten a flu shot every year since I got the flu one year and got sicker than I've ever been - probably 30 years ago. While I was having hot flashes and chills and aches and pains and headaches and eye aches I promised myself to get a flu shot every year and if I would ever think of skipping a year I'd remember how I felt right then and the promise I made to myself. I think I did miss one year when they ran out of vaccine - remember when they had vaccine tourism to Canada? It was that year.

I told a friend at work that he should get a shot and he said "Hey, I had malaria - now THAT'S sick. If I get the flu I'll just take a few days off and sleep". Well he got the flu that year and said it was worse than malaria, and apologized for not believing me.

So -
Flu - check * many years
Covid - two dose, plus two boosters, another soon.
Shingles - that old one, and the newer two-dose Shingrex
Tetanus and other stuff as doctor recommends.
Microchip? That's the least of my worries.

I've never had the pneumonia shot - I ask and they say I don't need it.
Likes For DiabloScott: