View Single Post
Old 02-20-21, 11:01 PM
Toespeas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 41 Posts
id just get a larger cassette first , or then a custom gear ratio,
really you are not going to get an easier ride , you are just going to loose efficiency and feel like its easier by sizing down , but you will just be wearing your parts out ,
try to match your gears to your cadence and keep the chain line strait as possible by adjusting your cassette ,
for example i ran a 55 tooth chain ring and it actually made my ride easier on the flats because my chain was strait on , and the larger the gear size the more efficient your drive train , but the down side was i was running a 11/28 so i lost any climbing ability , but i could have just got a 11/36 , it was also 1x so i didn't have an lower chain ring , but it was definitely smoother and changed my ride a ton ,
if you are prepared to invest in your drive train try to get that most commonly used gear that maximizes your cadence efficiency in the straightest position on the chain , that doesn't always mean just size down , although it might just be a cheaper option and if you dont care you will just get used to it , but thats a psychological effect , good luck