View Single Post
Old 02-06-21, 01:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,000 Times in 2,669 Posts
No that bike is not safe. Once aluminum gets dented like that is creates stress risers and can crack. It may not crack right away, it may never crack but that is nothing you can predict. Honestly it isn't worth it unless the parts are spectacular and the price is low enough to just be buying parts.

If that bike has that damage what caused it? You will never know and the owner may or may not tell you the full story, most people probably wouldn't give up that information to someone buying their stuff. When people bring us bikes at the shop that have damage or serious issues, it is usually the same thing "Just Riding Along" as if it magically happened. I get it, some of these incidents could be quite embarrassing or cause other issues. If I did the damage to the bike I could then take the risks knowing what happened but someone else's bike no way.

Let Drippy buy it, he is really an expert in all of this. However you should just stay away unless buying for parts and the parts are in good condition and for a good price.
Likes For veganbikes: